Wall decor embroidered panel "Ukrainian Trident"
Unique embroidered panels full of Ukrainain symbolism and ancient embroidery tradition.
Embroidery: applique, machine embroidery
Size: 35х50 cm
Ukrainian embroidery art is known all over the world. Our artisan has created really unique thing full of Ukrainian symbolism and national pride. It can easily become the best present for any official meeting or international diplomatic purpose.
Delicate machine embroidery in blue and yellow colours together with golden thread insets reflects the art approach to Ukrainian national wall panel creation. Figured embroidery masterpiece composition embodies the beauty of Ukrainian nature which is considered to be the endless source of inspiration for embroidery artisans. Great decorative decision as tassels draws the line of elegance and perfection to the whole composition.
Discover some interesting fact about the Trident:
- Trident is know as the symbol of the sea god Poseidon in Greek mythology;
- The oldest examples of the trident on Ukrainian territory date back to the 1st century AD, served as a symbol of power;
- As a state emblem the trident dates back to Kyivan Rus’. It was used as a decorative element on ceramics, weapons, rings, medallions, seals, and manuscripts;
- Almost 200 medieval variations on the trident have been discovered;
- On 19 February 1992, after the restoration of Ukraine's independence in 1991, the Supreme Council accepted the trident as the chief element in the state coat of arms.
The "Ukrainan Trident" embroidered panel has been created by Honoured Ukrainian artist Oleksandra Telizhenko creative workshop.